Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Welder.
- Operate welding equipment;perform all position and types of welding (some TIG, majority MIG).
- Operate all related hand and air tools as needed.
- Operates material handling equipment when required.
- Perform daily and routine maintenance.
- Maintain 5s improvements, CI improvements, safety, quality, efficiency.
- Learn numerous weld processes on multiple jobs.
- Complete all job-related checklists and safety-related checklists.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Equivalent of one year acceptable welding experience, one year of technical college or equivalent training. Equivalent of two years welding experience preferred.
- Must successfully pass Welder qualification test.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Possess the ability to learn to set up and operate welding machines.
- Ability to read and understand prints, bills of materials and safety notices.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have a Permanent Resident Green Card