Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Welder with our client company located in Rochester, Minnesota.
Applicants must be local to the area.
The positions are on 2nd shift. but will be required to do training on 1st shift.
2nd shift hours are : 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
The welder is responsible to operate and maintain welding tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve the quality and production standards of the company.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
- • Layout, position, align and fit components into welding fixture as instructed.
- • Set-up gas-shield mig-welder and weld parts to job specifications.
- • Use basic understanding of blueprints and welding symbols to complete job assignment.
- • Use hand tools, clamps, and grinders to perform job tasks.
- • Complete basic maintenance on welding equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Good mathematical skills and ability to read tape measure and blue prints.
- Must have demonstrated skill level of wire feed (M.I.G.) welding and T.I.G. welding.
- Able to use an oxygen/acetylene cutting torch.
- Ability to read and understand work order routings and instructions.
- Ability to lay out parts using weld fixture.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $20.93 /hour + $.25 shift differential.