Tool and Fixture Maker
A trusted and leading manufacturer of motion control and power transmission components for over 70 years. By being responsive to our customers’ needs through innovative design and exceptional service, we have grown into worldwide provider of solutions for power transmission component products. We hire highly motivated and talented people who are committed to being responsive, to conducting business with honesty and integrity, and to holding themselves accountable to our customers and each other.
Company has newly renovated office and manufacturing facility located on scenic grounds in Plymouth, MN. We are proud of our employee’s years of service and are dedicated to offering competitive benefits and pay, including:
- Robust health and dental plans
- 401(k) plan with a generous 6% match plus a 4% discretionary profit-sharing plan
- Company-wide bonus program
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employer paid Short-term & Long-term disability insurance
- One weekday shift Monday through Friday 6:30am to 3:00pm.
- Clean, safe, climate controlled, low noise shop environment
- Healthy work/life balance
- Other fringe benefits in a fun and welcoming environment that sets us apart from most companies!
Tool and Fixture Maker is responsible for analyzing specifications; setting up and operating machine tools; fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair fixtures, cutting tools, jigs, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools by performing the following duties:
- Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Develop specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draw or sketch design of product.
- Compute dimensions, plan layout, and determine assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as manual and CNC lathes, mills, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Examine standard or previously used fixtures, tools, and jigs and fixtures, to recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Must have welding experience
- Knowledge of machine, tooling, and equipment maintenance a plus