Tool & Die Design Engineer –
Custom metal stamping and metal fabrication manufacturer with customer accounts across the USA and abroad. We are looking to recruit individuals who have the experience and education to contribute to our corporate goals.
Hours are first shift (Monday to Thursday from 6am – 3pm and Fridays from 6am – noon) with a cohesive work environment. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Apply today to join our team!
Ideal Candidate Profile
We are currently seeking an energetic, experienced and self-motivated full-time Tool & Die Design Engineer. This position is responsible for creating designs single stage, progressive dies, and fixtures utilizing CadKey, Gibb and SolidWorks programs.
- Analyze customer provided prints, CAD files, and specifications, as well as, the content of the R.F.Q. to determine the most appropriate tool design to produce parts that will meet all customer specifications, while staying within an appropriate budget relative to the required number of parts to be produced.
- Confer with others in the Tool & Die room to brainstorm, resolve problems and develop tool designs. Conceiving tooling method is often a team effort.
- Conceive, design, detail, and develop all types of punch press tooling; ranging from temporary style stage tooling to large complicated progressive dies with sensors and automation.
- Conceive, design, detail, and develop all types of Weld fixtures. Assembly fixtures and inspection fixtures.
- Coordinate with Programmer, EDM department, CNC mill department and Toolmakers in support of tool designs.
- Create part models (or import customer model). Create flat blank geometry for laser, work with press brake department & quality control to develop blanks.
- Work with customers to clarify any issues with engineering prints or CAD files. Most engineering communication is done via e-mail.
Skills and Experience
- S. in Engineering or Associates Degree or technical certificate in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of CadKey or SolidWorks. Gibbs experience is beneficial.
Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints and have a good working knowledge of geometric tolerancing.