Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Shipping & Receiving Associate for our client in Brooklyn Park, MN.
The Shipping and Receiving Associate role requires a smart, dynamic, technically strong person to successfully support all departments within the company. This position is responsible for the shipping and receiving duties across the company in support of our customers.
Experience should include demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment, and strong Self-Motivation skills. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required along with 3 references.
Shipping and Receiving Responsibilities
Ship and receive product using the IQMS software. Taking continuous cycle counts of all inventory.
- Put away of finished product daily
- Ship out product via daily pick-ticket system
- Making sure shipping and warehouse areas are neat and orderly
- Receive incoming freight and goods in a timely manner
- Assist other departments when needed and/or asked
- Being a Team player
- Prioritize following up on tasks and holding self-accountability
- Open to occasional weekend work
Experience and Skills Required
- Knowledgeable with using IQMS or a similar operating system
- Forklift certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of shipment set up via UPS, FedEx, and LTL trucking
- Basic knowledge of computers, scanners, and printers
- Ability to problem solve and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- High level of communication skills
- Ability to lift 60+ pounds
- Time management, must be willing to take the initiative when needed.
- Self-motivated, positive work ethic, energetic, able to work with minimal supervision, excellent social skills
- Organized and efficient in work processes