Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Mold Maker for our client in Chanhassen, MN.
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking Toolmaker capable of building precision plastic injection molds.
Responsibilities and Duties.
- Interpretation of manufacturing plans, prints and or CAD data
- Identification and application of appropriate fixturing and tooling
- Set up and operate Makino, Matsuura, Haas Bridgeport mills, EDM and wire machines, grinders, etc.
- Verify dimensions using measuring instruments including toolmaker’s scope, dial indicators, gage blocks, micrometers.
- Communicate with co-workers & project leaders to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Troubleshoot part quality or machine performance issues
- Complete final assembly and verify fit and operation.
Qualifications and Skills
3+ years’ experience as a tool maker or mold maker. Experience with MasterCam computer software.
Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.