Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Estimator to work for our client company located in Bloomington, Minnesota.
Pay is: DOQ
The Estimator will prepare work to be estimated by gathering blueprints, specifications, and related documents. You will identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering RFQ’s, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Work with outside suppliers to get quotes for processes required on the blueprints.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures and attends all safety trainings related to the position.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years minimum experience of estimating in a manufacturing/machining environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex internal and external relationships requiring diplomacy, strong negotiating, and analytical skills.
- This position requires a quality-focused attitude with an appropriate sense of urgency and attention to details.
- Willingness and ability to work on both individual and team projects is required.
- Customer Service excellence a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer software skills: Proficient in MS Office tools and ERP software.