Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a CAD Detailer for our client in Blaine, MN. Applicants must have previous experience with trade show exhibits, product displays of corporate interiors.
CAD Detailer/Draftsman (open rank: Associate to Senior)
Schedule: Hybrid. In-office, three days per week, T-TH
About us: Company is a brand experience agency, headquartered in Blaine, Minnesota, with over 97 years of experience in trade show exhibits, product displays, and corporate interiors. As a full-service agency, we are committed to partnering with world-charging companies to tell their stories and grow their brands through innovative environmental design and impactful user experience. Our mission is to design and build new worlds for companies destined to change this one. We take enormous pride in creating spaces that affect change
Description: The CAD Detailer/Drafter is a key contributor on the Creative team and an important cross-functional partner who works closely with many members of other teams, including Account Manager, Project Managers, Designers and Production Engineers. We are looking for a Detailer who enjoys working collaboratively and appreciates the process of receiving creative feedback from other team members. Our next Detailer will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on multiple product sets: exhibits, product displays, interiors and other brand experience activations, and gets excited about innovation and hands-on creativity. Self-direction is key; the ability to communicate proactively and self-advocate is an important skill and marker of success in this role.
The Detailer will:
- Develop and engineer workable and efficient fabrication solutions, converting initial design concepts into functional exhibit builds
- Work with designers to select and source proper materials for fabrication
- Provide fabricated and sourced component specifications, BOM’s, and all build details for costing projects.
- Produce detailed build drawings – annotating dimensions, material call-outs, system components and suggested construction methods that adhere to established standards.
- Generate technical drawings and electronic files for CNC routing and custom fabrication.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure proper construction of fabricated elements.
- Develop assembly drawings and exhibit setup instructions, including parts lists for ship manifests.
- Produce exhibit floor layouts, such as electrical, rigging, elevations etc.
- Maintain CAD model reference libraries Key Accountabilities:
- CAD detailing deliverables
- Cost specifications
- Engineering/production specifications
- Exhibit/show drawings
- Setup and assembly instructions Qualifications:
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software such as Vectorworks, Solidworks, Inventor, etc.
- Working knowledge of industry construction, techniques, and standards
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in structural and user experience design
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Note: We are a social impact company, which means that our team measures both financial returns and social impact results—environmental sustainability, in particular. We are proud to offer competitive benefits such as unlimited PTO, generous technology stipends, emergency saving accounts, health and dental insurance, 401(k) matching, and cell phone reimbursement.