Strom Engineering Minnesota is seeking to staff a Production Associate (Assembler) position for an excellent company located in the Twin Cities, MN area.
* Perform simple to moderately complicated assembly functions working off of build sheets.
* Consistently meet customer specifications, quality requirements and production standards.
* Produces goods and components by assembling parts and sub-assemblies
* Read and build products from procedures, instructions, prints (build sheets) or related
* Use various hand tools as needed in assembly process (e.g. screw drivers, wrenches, drivers)
* Read gauges, graphs, dial indicators to ensure meeting documented specifications.
* Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
* Identify assembly problems and notify supervisor to obtain additional resources as needed.
* Use measurement devices as needed to ensure quality product produced.
* Notify proper personnel of needed maintenance on any tools or equipment.
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
* Education: High School Diploma or GED
* Ability to use various hand tools including screw drivers, wrenches, sockets, drivers, wrenches, sockets.
* Ability to set and use torque wrenches and drivers.
* Experience using calipers, micrometers and dial indicators.
* Ability to read and understand written instructions and to build products from prints (build sheets) or related documentation.
* Ability to read gauges, graphs, dials and interpret readings for meeting documented specifications.
* Basic computer (PC) skills.
* Good communication skills (written and verbal)
* Strong organizational and detail skills.
* Must be a US Citizen or be authorized to work in USA.