We are a custom metal fabrication shop located in Hanover, MN. We are a family-friendly and caring company. Looking to hire immediately for the right candidate after completion of interview process. Reports directly to Engineering Manager. **Applicants must be local to the Twin Cities. We are NOT offering relocation assistance.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Transform an initial product concept or work off architectural drawings to create 3D models using Revit, Inventor, Tekla or SolidWorks.
- Create manufacturing working drawings from 3D models which include dimensions, isometric, and exploded views along with information required to manufacture.
- Detailing stairs, handrail, miscellaneous metals and ornamental metals.
- Comply with all applicable codes and contract specifications.
- Create approval, fabrication, erection drawings and bill of materials for misc. metal projects.
- Modifies existing designs based on project manager requirements.
- Check/redline the work of other drafters
- Work within engineering team to prepare jobs for shop release
- Associate Degree or higher in Drafting/Design, Engineering or Architectural field.
- 3-5 years working experience in field
- Must be extremely proficient in Autodesk Inventor and/or Revit for modeling and detailing of fabricated metal products.
- SolidWorks or Tekla experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong architectural background with a blend of creativity and practicality while adhering to structural and budgetary limits
- Read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications.
- Work with project engineers and architects to interpret/resolve design issues.
- Must have mechanical aptitude for how industrial / architectural products are assembled.
- Up to date on architectural trends in the industry
- Must be familiar with fabrication and manufacturing processes related to machining, sheet metal, and welding.
- Must be proficient in designing parts, weldments, and sheet metal parts.
- Must have strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, working in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong basic computer skills and a competent level of experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and work well in a team environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and must have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Work closely with fabrication to interpret/resolve layout and/or detail issues.
- Perform field measurements to translate into custom layouts and fabrication drawings, as required.