Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a 2nd Shift Quality Control Technician for our client in Chaska, MN.
2nd Shift Quality Technician
The Quality Control Technician performs quality inspections throughout the production process.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct detailed inspections of components and completed assemblies at various phases of production and throughout the manufacturing process, including raw material, first article, first piece and in-process inspection.
- Complete appropriate documentation to ensure accurate quality records.
- Maintain quality test equipment, performing calibration tasks as required.
- Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions with protection from weather conditions with moderate temperature fluctuation. The employee is exposed to hazards such as metal chips, oils and cutting fluids, and proximity to moving parts which require adherence to safety procedures and use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. The employee will be regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with their arms. This position requires occasional squatting/kneeling, forward bending, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, neck rotation or extension, wrist rotation or extension, forearm rotation, grasping and pinching. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 70lbs.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to read part prints or drawings and machining work orders, including GD&T.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and experience using quality inspection equipment (ex. calipers, micrometers, bore gages, height gages, etc.).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, geometry & trigonometry to practical situations.
- Interpersonal communication skills characterized by honest, professional, respectful communication and effective listening skills.
- Fluency in English verbal and written communication.
- High level of dependability.
- Flexibility with time and schedule, and availability for overtime when required.
- Two or more years of applicable post-secondary education.
- Background or experience in metal machining.
- Computer skills in Gage InSite or similar software.
- Familiarity with ISO standards.
- Experience in precision inspection and quality systems in a manufacturing environment.