Strom Minnesota is currently looking for an experienced Tool & Die Maker for our client in Buffalo, MN.
Build and repair all types of dies, fixtures, jigs, and special machines and assemblies. Test and debug these items to be qualified to customer’s specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints and die designs
- Work from verbal and written instructions from designers
- Must be able to discuss processes with designers to develop the best die plan. In some cases, must be able to work from customer’s directions.
- Plan the setup and machine operations for producing all the parts required for the project at hand
- Must be able to work with other departments to ensure good workflow through the shop
- Complete the project on schedule
- Must be able to schedule the work through both CNC and WEDM for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for spot checking all parts before they are sent out for heat treatment for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for ensuring all components of the project are in stock or ordered in enough time to be delivered for assembly.
- Complete tool try-outs for qualifications and part development. Adjust tooling as required.
- Complete first article inspections on parts from die using tool room inspection equipment. Final inspections will be done by our Quality Assurance department.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment in the shop area
- Must be considerate of other people working
- Must report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor
- Complete maintenance on older production tooling that runs in the Stamping department
- Completion of a Tool & Die program from an accredited Technical College or completion of a 5-year in-plant apprenticeship program.
- Must have a high degree of precision and control with manually operated machine tools.
- Must be able to measure accurately with hand tools and height gages.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to complete data entry into a data collection system.
- Accuracy and completeness are a must.