Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a registered Structural Engineer with a great company located in the Twin Cities area that specializes in geotechnical, structural, civil and water engineering projects including dams, locks, river restoration, water control structures, hydropower and earth retaining structures for clients nationally and globally.
* Technical analysis, design, preparation of construction documents, reports and cost estimates for structural, infrastructure, environmental, water resources and energy projects.
* Structural engineering analysis and design for a wide range of concrete, steel and other structural elements for engineering planning, analysis and design projects.
* Utilization of basic structural engineering software (CAD and structural analysis) as needed.
* Draft detailed engineering report(s) and recommendations.
* Field work and some travel, as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (emphasis on Structural Engineering).
* Master’s degree in Structural or Geotechnical a plus.
* P.E. license a plus
* 3 -8 years of experience
* CAD and structural analysis software.
* Experience with USACE structural standards, construction observation, geotechnical and soils engineering skills a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Experience working effectively with a multi-disciplined design team(s)
* Outstanding organizational skills
* Project Management experience
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in USA.