Our client is seeking a licensed structural engineer for full time employment. They provide structural design services for institutional, commercial, and industrial buildings, including health care facilities, hotels, commercial structures, public buildings, parking structures, etc., from conceptual design through completion of construction. The type of projects you work on will include precast concrete, poured in place concrete, post-tensioned concrete, and steel frame designs.
- Design of new buildings and design of restorations for existing building.
- Observing conditions in the field of both new and existing construction, and evaluating the nature, cause, and remedy of any damage, incorrect construction, and/or defects.
- Providing project management while working with other engineers and our structural drafters, including the reviewing of shop drawings and the answering of questions during construction based upon the construction plans and documents that you have overseen the preparation of.
- Performing building investigations and evaluations of existing buildings, such as parking garages and post-tensioned concrete structures, which require periodic observation and evaluation.
- Maintaining organized communication and record keeping with team members, clients, and contractors.
- Master’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Licensed Structural Engineer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experience with structural engineering software
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience working effectively with multi-disciplined design team(s)
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit will be considered a plus.