Strom Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Structural Designer with a great company located in the Twin Cities area. A minimum of 4 years of job-related experience is required.
* Function as design technician providing structural drafting and design services focusing on commercial projects.
* Develop conceptual, preliminary and construction level drawings. Make revisions to existing drawings as needed.
* Apply engineering fundamentals to design.
* Convert 3D drawings, i.e. sections/detail into 2D drawings as needed.
* Coordinate multi-discipline design/drafting efforts for projects.
* Visits job sites as needed.
* Work with engineers, project managers and other personnel as needed to meet project and company objectives.
* Minimum two (2) year Associates Degree in Drafting Technology, or similar
* Minimum of four (4) years of relevant industry experience
* Must have solid knowledge of building design, concepts, BIM drawings and models.
* Sound technical knowledge in the area of computer-related drafting (Revit preferred).
* Ability to prepare and maintain engineering drawings and other documentation
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Outstanding organizational skills
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or be authorized to work in USA.