Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Quality Engineer for our client in Eagan, MN.
Quality Engineer Job Duties
- Prepare validation, Qualification and verification plans and reports.
- Perform validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) for new product development and leading transfer to production.
- Perform process risk assessments and risk management activities. (PFMEA).
- Specify inspection and testing equipment and support Gage R&R activities.
- Interface with Engineering, Process Engineering, Quality Inspectors, and Operations Personnel to resolve internal quality issues and minimize downtime & scrap.
- Interface with Engineering, Process Engineering, Quality Inspectors, and Operations Personnel to ensure transfer to production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; Making Recommendations.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests. (Minitab)
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Support cross-functional teams to continually improve processes.
- Acting member of project team to prepare and complete quality control plans, Inspection plans, Quality inspection work instructions defined by the project.
- Support cross-functional teams to apply corrective actions to all external quality issues.
- Support engineering experiments using statistical methods (DOE).
- Support audits and surveys of suppliers.
- Support the continual improvement of Quality Systems.
- Support internal audits to assure adherence to company Quality Systems and participate in the corrective action process on audit findings.
- Support research of new technologies to improve the efficiency of quality inspections.
- Assure that all necessary customer approvals and waivers are obtained for existing processes
- Support PPAP submissions for annual revalidations and design changes.
- Promote quality awareness throughout the operation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Quality Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Process Improvement, Analyzing Information , Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Quality Engineering, Emphasizing Excellence, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity.