Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Mechanical Drafter to work for our client company located in Hamel, Minnesota.
This position will start as a 3-6 month Contract. With possibility on turning a contract to hire.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
The Designer I, Mechanical is responsible for developing concepts and specifications of equipment and systems, solving performance and reliability issues, and creating detailed designs and drawings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use 2D and 3D CAD to create highly complex conceptual layouts and arrangement of machine components, systems, and machines to meet specifications
- Performs multiple types of analysis and intermediate calculations to verify designs and make strong technical and business
- Works independently and in coordination with other engineering design disciplines to lead complex design tasks – often involving the integration of several systems and specialized product
- Prepare, check, and approve detailed Engineering documentation of parts, assemblies, and specifications.
- Research and investigate existing designs, supplier specifications, and industry standards to meet product and customer requirements for performance, safety, and
- Prepares and checks complex Engineering Change Orders, using ERP software and 3D
- Uses extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials to develop cost effective
- Uses extensive product knowledge and experience to create inventive mechanical solutions that are highly refined in performance, fit, and finished appearance
- Work from sketches and marked-up prints.
- Solve routine questions and get help with complex problems from upper levels.
- Perform proper dimensioning and designing of standard parts.
- Apply basic drafting skills in area of expertise and have good organizational skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Design/Drafting or related technical degree
Experience: 1+ years of Designer/Drafting experience
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience