Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Mechanical Drafter/Designer for our client in Hamel, MN.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
Develops clear, complete and accurate CAD drawings, models, and assemblies and product data / bills of material using PDM software. Processes Engineering changes to above.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proficient with 2D and 3D CAD software, IFS/PDM business software, Microsoft Word and Excel, and company email software.
- Assist engineers and designers with concepts, specifications, and related data and drawings.
- Using CAD software, creates layouts of mechanical components, systems, and machines.
- Computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes.
- Using CAD and IFS/PDM, prepares and checks detailed documentation. Using proper dimensioning practice, drafts detailed multi-view drawings of parts, assemblies, and machines.
- Using CAD and IFS/PDM, prepares, checks, and processes Engineering changes to incorporate updated design to new or existing machines.
- Checks own work for accuracy and completeness. May check the work of other designer drafters. May participate in training other employees or create training documents for CAD and PDM.
- Estimates time to complete tasks, informs when tasks will exceed estimate.
- Ability to perform tolerance stack-ups and working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Work from sketches and marked-up prints.
- Read and interpret various technical, operating, and process documents. Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Solve routine questions and get help with complex problems from upper levels.
- Apply basic drafting skills in area of expertise and have good organizational skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Associate Degree in Design/Drafting
Experience: 0-3 of Designer/Drafting experience