Strom Minnesota has an immediate position available for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter skilled in SolidWorks 3D and AutoCAD for our client in St. Paul, MN. The position requires working with project managers to create production drawings based on customer designs, develop tooling and fixtures, produce layout drawings and nest parts for plasma burning table.
- Nest parts for plasma cutting table using ProNest.
- Create shop drawings from customer prints, drawings and models using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Submit drawings for customer approval and review comments and suggestions with customer, project manager and production.
- Create part layouts and templates.
- Design tooling and fixtures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3-D and AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Familiarity with metal fabrication processes including welding, grinding, plasma cutting, brake press and roll bending.
- Extreme detail orientation to assure high quality documentation.
- Show a positive and eager to learn attitude with strong work ethic.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in a metal fabrication environment producing layouts and drawings using SolidWorks and nesting using ProNest.
- 2 year technical college degree.
- Experience communicating with customers on technical matters.
- Experience in Information Technology and server maintenance.
In addition to roll bending we are a complete metal fabrication job shop with the capability to burn, cut, form and weld all metal shapes and alloys. Company is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing, 401(k) and medical and dental benefits. Come work in an ever-changing and challenging environment.