Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to work for our client company located in Hamel, Minnesota.
This position will start as a 3-6 month Contract. With possibility to turn into a contract to hire.
Designs and develops systems, equipment, and products for industrial machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and integrate industrial power distribution systems from 480VAC generator power down to secondary voltages.
- Design and integrate industrial automation and control systems including PLC controls, motor controls, and general machine design controls.
- Prepare and compile necessary calculations to support product designs.
- Prepare product or system layouts, detailed drawings, and schematics (ladder format).
- Determine feasibility of modifying existing or designing new equipment considering costs, time limitations, and other technical and economic factors.
- Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine possible design improvements.
- Analyze test data and reports to help determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
Communication and Leadership
- Coordinate design efforts to meet production schedules and provide project task estimates and updates to project team.
- Lead design reviews consisting of multi-disciplined team members.
- Confer with manufacturing, research, and other engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop/modify designs as required
- Collaborate with other engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop or modify designs as required.
Supports internal and external customers by performing engineering duties and subtasks of low to moderate complexity for both new and existing machines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelors Degree (4 yr)
Relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree (Entry level position)