The Electrical Engineer position will design, develop, optimize and problem solve our custom power distribution solutions. Electrical Engineers work closely with Sales, Project Managers and Operations for custom products to drive results in on-time delivery, product design and new product development.
Candidates must have strong problem-solving skills with relevant experience in applying electrical design expertise across multiple technologies along with a demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a broad range of internal and external team members. This person will report to the Sr. Electrical Engineer.
Essential Job Duties:
- The primary function of the Electrical Engineer is to design and develop controlled (released) drawings as well as the associated documentation and specifications for all EMI new and existing projects.
- Electrical systems design capability.
- Efficiently and effectively design and create drawings of custom parts, schematics, and products for electrical distribution equipment to comply with industry standards using AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Collaborate with other project members in a consolidated effort to meet project estimated costs, schedules and quality requirements in an effort to achieve total Customer Satisfaction.
- Help develop, generate and update the technical and manufacturing standards of current and new products to achieve higher productivity and lower costs.
- Respond to Manufacturing Operations to resolve daily design requests/questions.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date customer/project account list with detailed information about all projects.
- Specify material requirements and create accurate BOM’s for projects based on functionality, availability and cost effectiveness.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1-3 years previous experience in a custom manufacturing experience or within the electrical distribution industry preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems from 480V to 15kV.
- Technology requirements: Competency with use of 2D drafting software (AutoCAD preferred), working knowledge of 3D modeling software (Inventor preferred) and use of ERP computer system (Visual preferred).
- Ability to understand the technical needs of the clients through conversational interaction with sales reps, engineering, customers and production personnel.
- Detail oriented with the ability to create and record data.
- Knowledge of compliance standards and NRTL procedure compliance.
- Knowledge of document control preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities.
- Ability to interface with all departments within the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand power tools as well as the ability to take accurate measurements.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.