Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced CNC Press Brake Operator to work for our client company located in Waseca, Minnesota.
Position is on 1st shift M-TH
Pay between: $17-23.00 hr. DOE
THIS POSITION DOES REQUIRE THAT YOU HAVE PREVIOUS CNC PRESS BRAKE
EXPERIENCE AND ARE CAPABLE OF MEASURING THE PARTS. APPLICANTS MUST ALSO BE
ABLE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND FABRICATION BLUEPRINTS.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual must be able to read
blueprints typically used in manufacturing operations, and be competent at setting up and operating
a variety of CNC press brakes.
Prior experience with Trumpf or Bystronic press brakes or similar CNC brake presses.
All applicants are required to have a minimum of 6 months of experience and be capable of setting
up and operating CNC press brakes.
Qualified applicants must have a thorough understanding of fabrication blueprints, and must have
the capability of measuring and documenting portions or all of the dimensions.
Strict adherence to attendance is a must.
Sets up and operates hydraulic and/or mechanical press brakes to bend or form metal plate, and
form sheet metal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Studies blueprint, job instruction route sheet, and specifications for set-up and follows sequence of
operations noted on job route sheets.
2. Reviews job instruction route sheets, blueprints, and programs and interact with engineering
personnel to clarify process and material specifications.
3. Recommends solutions to technical problems and recommends process improvements. Reviews
errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
4. Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-oftolerance
5. Selects and positions flat, V-block, radius, or special purpose die sets into ram and bed of
machine, or follows CNC program instructions.
6. Performs maintenance as required on machines.
7. Required to accurately measure parts with a variety of measuring tools.
8. Required to collect SPC data and complete process capability studies if required.
9. May need to qualify for internal forklift certification.
10. May be required to perform other job duties as required.
11. Must meet established production standards, and work in accordance