Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Truck Mechanic to work for our client company located in Fridley, Minnesota.
Hours: 7-3:30 PM M-F
Pay rate: $20-22/hr
The Truck Mechanic will perform work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately with limited supervision. Inspect, diagnose, and repair brake and suspension systems. Train on alignments, air brakes, and installing axles. Use hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed. Test drive trucks.
· Knowledgeable enough about hydraulics to install PTO’s, valves, and pumps on dump trucks.
· Must have mig welding experience using torch and plasma cutter.
· Electrical knowledge of 12v systems
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
· Must own a good set of tools and tool box.
· Able to stand majority of the day and lift up to 70 lbs.
· Must have problem solving skills, able to read and comprehend instructions in English.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing with customers and co-workers in English