The Tig Welder performs complex GMAW and GTAW welding on varied operations where considerable experience is required. Considers type and gauge of material to be welded and adjusts for proper heat. Places metal parts to be welded on fixtures, attaches jigs, clamps, etc. as needed to hold parts in proper position.
- Required- High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred- Additional technical training or certification in welding.
- Required- Minimum 2 years of experience as a welder.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches other production orders.
- Knowledge of trade tools, equipment, materials, caliper, as well as, methods and techniques used in safe welding operations.
- Strong attention to quality, ability to work independently, and detail orientation.
- Mechanical capacity and mathematical skills.
- Time management skills to meet schedules and time standards, to best of ability as instructed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.