Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Test Engineer for our client in Maple Grove, MN.
The Electrical/Electronic Test Engineer supports engineering, development and production activities as the technical resource of the electrical/electronic test and assembly areas.
Primarily responsible for; designing and implementing production processes and procedures, tooling, equipment, and documentation. Additional responsibilities include trouble-shooting as necessary to build/repair and deliver high quality products to our customers on time, while maintaining a level of profitability.
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
- Acts as primary resource in the design and debug of electrical test fixtures and programs for Solder Paste Inspection, In-circuit, Automated Optical Inspection, Automated X-ray Inspection, flying probe and cable testing of electrical connectors and electronic assemblies. (Agilent 3070, Teradyne, Checksum, Seica, Acculogic experience a plus )
- Supports all automated test and inspection equipment in the facility through troubleshooting and setup activities. Experience in the use of CAD data (such as IPC 356A, Mentor, or GenCad) and translation software (such as Cam 350, Seica CAD Input, Xmatic, or MagicSuite) to generate and debug test programs is preferred.
- Lead and support Enviromental Stress Screening (Vibration and Thermal Cycling)
- Works on product quote and product release teams as necessary. .
- Tests and troubleshoots electronic PTH/SMT assemblies as necessary to meet production and quality goals.
- Interface closely with customers, sales and design personnel as required defining, developing and quoting new products, tooling, test requirements and inspection parameters along with resolving any engineering or manufacturing issues.
- Will define criteria, development outline and perform new equipment evaluations and justifications as determined using the Technology Roadmap.
- Ensure that new and existing processes are safe, ergonomically friendly, and meet all State and Federal OSHA, and Environmental laws.
- Provide technical leadership of diverse engineering disciplines, project planning, and provide technical solutions to customer requirements including, but not limited to, ITAR/EAR/EAR99 classifications, communication for customer configurations, and ultimate program execution following contract award ensuring 100% compliance with the Departments of State and Commerce. Will also participate in ongoing team meetings to identify requirements, specifications, export classifications, timelines and customer expectations.
TITLE: ELECTRICAL TEST/MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
- Defines and provides accurate and user-friendly process documentation including routers, work instructions, control plans, preventative maintenance and data records.
- Provides day to day support to production to meet their on-time delivery, and ensures that all manufactured products meet or exceed applicable standards.
- Mentor and trains personnel in the use of tools, work techniques, and skills required in accomplishing their work assignments. Keeps Production Supervisor informed of progress in assigned areas.
- Lead initiatives to implement lean enterprise philosophies.
- Travels as situations arise pertaining to the job, as deemed necessary
ISO 9001:2015 ISO 13485:2016, AS 9100: rev. D registered, Nadcap Accredited, NASA-STD-8739 and all job duties are to be performed to support the business in meeting all requirements and documented instructions.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering with 3 to 5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience generating full Test Plan quotations
- Previous Labview Experience preferred
- Experience in design and debugging of test fixtures
- Experience in the use of CAD/CAM data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Proven ability to improve quality and reduce costs
- Experience in developing new processes