We are seeking a talented and energetic Structural Engineer-in-training (EIT) to join our staff. Candidates will actively engage in the structural design and preparation of construction documents for various commercial building projects throughout the U.S and Canada. Company performs a tremendous amount of design work on many, varied projects Nationwide within our Edina office. Our Engineers obtain a wide variety of experience dealing with various design types, materials, and codes on both large and small projects.
- Engage in guided design of structural systems for a building using reinforced concrete, masonry, structural steel, light-gage metal and timber.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering calculations and production of construction documents
- Coordinate of various components of the structural design with architects, other engineering disciplines, the Building Official, and contractors
- Collaborate using the latest BIM technology AR and VR systems
- Perform construction administration activities including the review of shop drawings and submittals
- Travel to local project sites for review of project designs and training with senior staff
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited school (Master’s is preferred)
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
- Basic knowledge of standard construction practices and ICC, ACI, AISC, ASCE, etc.
- High GPA with relevant structural engineering coursework completed
- Solid verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work within a design team while interacting with Architects, Owners, and Contractors as well as co-workers
- Basic knowledge of more common structural engineering software packages
- Ability to travel locally and regionally during construction administration efforts