Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Strategic Marketing Leader for our client in Hamel, MN.
Strategic Marketing Leader
Reports to the VP of Sales and Marketing
Salary target: $100,000-$130,000
3 direct reports and 4 indirect reports (in the areas of Marketing Communications and Product Management)
To help lead the evolution of the business strategy for our products, markets and technologies. To be a primary driver to help the organization achieve its mission to grow new, and maintain existing, product sales through business strategy, application/market development, product development and marketing communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, business, engineering or a physical sciences related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 4 years of progressive, demonstrated leadership experience in marketing, product marketing, business strategy, consulting and communications.
- At least 1 year of experience in a supervisory (people management) role.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, think and communicate on a strategic level (with the executive management team).
- Technical strength and capability to understand, evaluate competition, create product strategy and effectively communicate advantages of the company’s products.
- Experience creating strategic plans around products, markets and/or business segments is required.
- Experience as a product manager is preferred.
- Working experience in a manufacturing company is required.
- Strong people-management and effective interpersonal skills are required.
- Project/program management skills.
- Experience in the industrial automation/motion control industry or an adjacent industry is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of distributors, customers, advisory board, company personnel and others.
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time.