Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a BSME to fill the role of Sr. Project Engineer. This position will require about 30% travel.
This position is to assist the corporate engineering department in building a strong project execution foundation, ensuring industry best practices in engineering are upheld and partnering with operations to develop and implement leading edge methods of producing high quality product for our customers. This position will:
1. Establish and execute company Engineering standards and promote awareness and consistent application of those standards in our manufacturing systems.
2. Provide an example for the execution of capital projects in a professional, consistent, and efficient manner.
3. Foster collaboration across business units and sites to develop and promote best practices for our manufacturing systems.
4. Provide functional development and support of Production and Maintenance.
Together with the plant engineering resources, this position is intended to bring the corporate engineering group to create a best-in-class engineering systems for the company and all its subsidiaries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
1. Project management responsibility for successful completion of assigned capital projects
2. Estimate project costs for capital budgets. Prepare documentation to properly authorize funding for assigned projects.
3. Develop project scopes and detailed designs using both company and offsite resources.
4. Ensure Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance for projects.
5. Support construction of projects by issuing construction scope, bidding installation resources, and selecting contractors. Directly or indirectly supervise construction contractors.
6. Coordinate/lead check out, commissioning and startup of new installations.
7. Manage and support projects throughout the Corporation at various locations.
8. Troubleshoot plant operations and support optimization of existing facilities.
- Lead process improvements across multiple locations.
- Mentor junior Engineers in capital project management
11. Initiate and lead engineering project processes, standards, and specifications optimization efforts.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of all duties, activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities, or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Employees shall perform all tasks assigned by their manager.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
1. 4-10 yrs. experience in leading and executing multiple concurrent capital projects of a budget of $1,000,000 or more in a chemical or process industry. Ability to define and develop projects with the plant operations groups and corporate customers.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
3. Experience with OSHA Process Safety Management.
4. Demonstrated ability to develop and track a project plan and schedule projects. (MS project experience preferred).
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
6. Experience working at a manufacturing facility and willing to provide hands-on engineering support at our manufacturing/distribution facilities.
7. Ability to lead remote project teams and travel approximately 30%-50% to company locations as needed for scope definition, design development and project implementation. Willingness to adjust work hours and days to complete critical project tasks
8. Experience in preparing requests for bid and administering design and construction contracts
9. Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and track project costs
10. Proficient in Microsoft Office
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
1. Understands polymeric chemical batch processes.
2. Proficient in AutoCAD software for use in P&ID development and documentation of project scope.
3. Experience with OSHA Process Safety Management
4. Project management certifications
· PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working with office equipment
2. Ability to use a computer, telephone, keyboard, mouse, and office equipment such as printers, scanners, etc.
3. Lifting up to 10 lbs. regularly and up to 30 lbs. occasionally