Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Sr. BSME for our client in Brooklyn Park, MN.
Primary Objective of Mechanical Engineer
Develop mechanical designs and concepts for complex force sensing mechanisms based on mechanical specifications, ensuring the equipment meets performance specifications and cost requirements in a manner that facilitates manufacturing standards and function efficiently. This individual will help facilitate integration of electronic sensor designs within standard product offerings of the employer.
- Design custom equipment systems by applying engineering skills and experience; accomplished through the application of engineering analysis, tools and the application of manufacturing practices standards and methodologies.
- Force sensing methods and electronic sensor experience.
- Develop force sensing electro-mechanical assemblies that interface with other OEM manufacturer’s equipment.
- Select and implement design, construction, and fabrication techniques which will economically and reliably meet standards and safety specifications.
- Select purchased components based on design requirements. Identify vendors to provide parts or products on-time and ensuring the specifications and cost parameters are met.
- Collaborate with outside engineering vendors.
- Understands product encapsulation for protection from environmental hazards
- 6-10 years of related experience in mechanical design and electronic sensing technologies.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes from raw material through finished product.
- SolidWorks proficient
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills, maintaining effective working relationships with manufacturing and engineering personnel.
- Eager to reach out and implement novel solutions.
- Current working knowledge of purchased automation components (specifically load cells, strain gauges and pressure transducers)
- Experience preparing engineering documentation; such as multi-level bills of materials
- Working level knowledge of GD&T
- Familiarity with creating and executing DOE-level activities for product validation and verification
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for frequent operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about occasionally
- Lift, move or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards
- Travel by air or car occasionally