Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Shipping Manager for our client in New Hope, MN.
Job Overview: Ensure customer parts are adequately packaged for shipment, arrange transportation of shipment, maintain finished goods inventory, receive and distribute goods in accordance with company Quality Manual.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Completed parts are counted and packaged per customer specifications
- Proper documentation for shipment of customer parts
- Arrange transportation of parts per customer specifications
- Determine shipping supplies needed and advise Purchasing of needs
- Use of forklift for loading and unloading trucks
- Document control of shipping and receiving
- Receive incoming materials and goods, including proper identification of material
- Distribution of materials and goods to appropriate location/person
- Ensure finished goods inventory is complete and accurate.
- Control of shipping/receiving MRB area
- Organization and housekeeping of shipping area
- Forklift maintenance
- Manage Shipping Assistant or helpers as required.
- Participate in ISO quarterly meetings.
- Become trained and assist with ISO Audits
- Work with purchasing to follow up and/or expedite PO’s
- Continually evaluate department for improvements
- Practice and support current ISO procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- General mathematical skills
- Good understanding of M1
- High School diploma or general education certificate (GED)
- One year shipping/receiving experience
- One year computer experience