Strom Minnesota is looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to work for our client company located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
This opportunity is a Direct Hire.
Pay rate is DOQ
We are seeking an energized, multifaceted HVAC/Plumbing Design Engineer with strong design skills to join our team of “in-house” mechanical engineers and technicians to work on multi-family, commercial, institutional, medical, industrial, mixed-use, and other unique projects. The preferred candidate will have significant experience with Revit. This is an exciting and challenging, highly creative role with the opportunity to work on numerous projects in a fast paced, collaborative, and integrated design environment. Seeking professionals who are passionate about engineering, work well in a collaborative team structure, are self-motivated, and are looking for a challenging environment and a place to grow professionally. In this role you will be involved in the design of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, mechanical, and plumbing systems for residential, commercial, governmental, retail, and industrial clients. You will be working closely with architects and engineers to define space requirements for mechanical and plumbing systems and layout those systems three dimensionally to allow the systems to properly heat, cool, and ventilate spaces while blending into the architecture of the building and spaces.
- Perform calculations required to design and size mechanical and plumbing systems
- Layout and size systems for facilities in an efficient manner
- Prepare or assist in preparing plans and specifications for projects, including drafting of systems
- Coordinate your work with architects, structural and electrical engineers on the project
- Hydronics and pressure loss
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. PE license for 15 years required.
- 10+ year Senior Level Mechanical Engineer to lead the department.
- Strong leadership and mentoring experience
- Strong computer skills using Word and Excel
- Strong communication, report writing, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Autocad MEP, knowledge of Revit MEP, preferred
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills and comfort level with a fast-paced environment
Ability to “think both inside and outside the box” to solve design problems/issues during the formation of the construction documents