Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to work for our client company located in Mankato, Minnesota.
This opportunity is a Direct Hire.
Pay rate is DOQ
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Building Services Electrical Engineer to be part of our multidisciplinary architectural/engineering team in Mankato or Minnetonka MN.. You will be required to work autonomously or with a team to develop the successful projects through clear communication and detailed design plans.
- Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner at all times
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organizations.
- Attend all meetings with clients, project team, contractors etc.
- Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design for electrical building services and power distribution systems, including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required
- Review and management of project from inception to post construction duties
- Good knowledge of relevant codes/standards, regulations, guides and good practice
- Seek, complete and record evidence of, continuing professional development in accordance with the requirements of a Minnesota State Professional Engineer
- To contribute and assist, as required by the Project Leader.
- Professional Registered Engineer
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Register Engineer in a building design engineering capacity
- Proven ability to design electrical Building Services systems and demonstrate rationale behind proposals
- Must be strong with electrical lighting design and panel board design
- Must be experienced with power, low voltage, and generator sets.
- Experience of being Lead Electrical Engineer for more than one project – Required involvement from Concept to Construction – Involved in Construction Administration
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application of code requirements
- Mentoring and management of junior engineers, sharing technical knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Communicate and present in a professional manner, both written and verbally.
- Use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and work well in a team
- Actively demonstrate initiative and able to work independently under pressure to meet deadlines efficiently