Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Revit Drafter to work for our client company located in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
This position is a Contract to hire.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F
Pay rate between: $21-24.00 hr. DOE
The Revit Drafter prepares accurate CAD drawings for multiple phases of project development. Assists with the coordination of assigned projects in order to meet project schedules and ensure accurate drawing content.
Project Documents – 75% of time
- Request, download and set up architectural backgrounds following the company’s current procedures; coordinate drawing sheet sizes and title block requirements with architects
- Set up and maintain internal drawing files using the company’s current naming conventions and standards; scan and file meeting record drawings and manual drawings; prepare and file pdf’s of all meeting plots and project submittals
- Prepare accurate CAD equipment plans to scale from manual drawings or drawing mark-ups and equipment cut sheets for supervisor’s review
- Organize drawing sheets to include adequate space for plan, schedule, elevations, sections and details with minimal white space for supervisor’s review
- Organize elevations to sequentially follow equipment item numbers and verify with supervisor before drawing
- Determine required section drawings and verify with supervisor before drawing
- Prepare special conditions plans for supervisor’s review
- Upload drawings to project coordination sites according to design team schedules
- Edit drawings based on meeting review or supervisor’s review; verify all edits have been incorporated accurately by highlighting completed items
- When edited drawings are complete and accurate, provide revised drawings to supervisor as hard copy or electronic file, as requested
- Note all drawing questions or conflicts and review with supervisor for direction
- Prepare neat and accurate meeting plots and sets in quantities specified by team
- Track deliverable schedules for all assigned projects and inform supervisor of any potential schedule conflicts
- Prepare accurate Revit equipment families following the company’s current procedures
- Maintain up-to date standard details as assigned
- As assigned, prepare accurate mechanical and electrical spot connection plans and schedules for review by project manager or team leader.
Project Management – 10% of time
- Attend project conference calls and meetings as requested
- Record meeting notes and document existing equipment as assigned
- Communicate with equipment manufacturers and project engineers as needed to develop accurate drawings
- Coordinate project work with internal project manager to communicate concerns and collaborate on solutions
Business and Personal Development – 15% of time
- Seek resources to increase knowledge of basic foodservice operations
- Volunteer for and complete tasks assigned at staff and Revit meetings
- Provide customer service that promotes client relationships
- This position requires completion of a Revit drafting program or two (2) years of relevant drafting experience, or equivalent combination of education.