Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Quality Technician for our client in Fridley, MN.
- Primary duty is the inspection of very small, elaborate tight tolerance machined/turned parts per print. (GDT)
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the ability of using inspection tools
(I.E. micrometers, calipers, drop indicators, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparators etc.)
- A preferred candidate may also have experience programming and/or running OGP (vision system) and/or a CMM is a big plus.
- Must possess and demonstrate good mathematical skills.
- Willingness and the ability to routinely conduct in-process inspections and part verification at the production machine, on the production floor as needed. Candidate must also feel comfortable communicating and questioning quality criteria with the machine operators.
- Candidate must be able to get along and work very well with others, and be trustworthy.
- A preferred Candidate will have microscope experience for workmanship evaluation on machined parts (burrs, edge breaks, surface/tool blends etc.)
- Candidate needs to be a self-motivated team player with an excellent work ethic. They must have the ability to work under minimal supervision, the ability to recognize open tasks and a self-commitment to completing those tasks in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Needs to maintain compliance with company’s ISO certified procedures and practices.
- Maintain clean and organized work environment.
- A willingness to work overtime based on work load.
Shift hours are:
Monday – Thursday 7:00 AM – 4 PM
Fridays 7:00 AM – 1 PM