The Quality Management Representative is responsible for the quality operations function of the quality system and compliance aspects related to this function. The individual initiates and/or supports innovative activities associated to product quality, quality systems and compliance, establishes priorities and facilitates resource allocation. Responsibilities for this role include elements of strategic planning, product quality assurance, quality systems, compliance, quality planning and quality process excellence. Planning, coordinating and directly the quality assurance program designed to ensure compliance to customer and statutory/regulatory requirements along with facilitating continuous improvement of products and processes by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Above all this individual is guided and bound by the vision, mission, and strategic plan as determined by the General Management Team (GMT), with the organizational freedom and unrestricted access to top management to resolve matters pertaining to quality.
- Responsible for overall direction and evaluation of risk, configuration, and project management initiatives cascading directives throughout business and quality management systems.
- Acts as AS/ISO/medical management representative and responsible for executing and supervising internal and external audits.
- Attends all GMT meetings offering input from a Q.A. Management perspective.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies, goals and AS/ISO/medical certifications.
- Oversees company calibration program.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish quality and reliability of WIP and finished goods.
- Conveys quality control philosophy to all personnel
- Maintains logbooks for ATF.
- Coordinates objectives with manufacturing procedures in cooperations with the Manufacturing Superintendent and Plant Managers to maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Applies total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each work center.
- Acts as head of organizational culture change efforts for Quality Department or as needed in other areas.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Directs the quality team within the company.
- Designs, implements, and institutes quality assurance training programs.
- Investigates and responds to customer complaints.
- Acts as head of Non-conforming MRB delivering reports to GMT and working through NCs & CARs to completion.
- Implements and manages the QA system required to support the Operations.
- Collaborates with GMT, Engineering, Estimating, Operations and Manufacturing leaders for continues improvement efforts.
- Measures performance of Quality Management System to company and goal/standards and international standards.
- Develops and directs procedures and methods to ensure quality standards and budgets at met and maintained.
- Supervise the daily management of quality operation activities like production and process control, validation and verification compliance, and supply chain quality.
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and coaching/training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years related quality experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience Metal Stamping industry experience a plus.
- Ability to be a leader and provide effective communication, coaching, and training.
- Knowledge of AS/ISO/medical requirements.
- Working knowledge of APQP, process flow, FMEA, control plans and root cause analysis.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
- Excellent communication skills and strong team leadership skills
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and business strategies preferred.
Lean or Six Sigma certification or experience is preferred.