Job Title: Quality Liaison
Acts as a liaison with manufacturing personnel, account executives, estimators, suppliers, engineering and customers to relay and promote quality assurance by performing the following duties and others as assigned. This position also serves as a functional backup to the Quality Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates nonconformance + corrective action reports including, investigation of root cause, immediate action including verification of corrective action per procedural guidelines.
- Assists in the customer return program, including CRA creation, creating work orders, inspection, dispositioning, scrapping, and documenting of nonconformance.
- Assist in communications with customer and internal personnel on quality issues.
- Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures providing inspection activity for products throughout the manufacturing cycle including but not limited to: level III PPAP, contract review, FMEA’s, control plans, capability studies, Gage R&R’s, testing, and any other documentation required by customer or statutory/ regulatory specifications.
- Generates and completes non-conformances and corrective action reports.
- Ensures compliance to customer and statutory/regulatory requirements through reviews, evaluations, and subsequent control plan implementations.
- Manages company’s approved supplier program working closely with suppliers and conducting on-site audits as scheduled.
- Assists with company’s calibration program.
- Ensures customer quality issues/requests are being addressed.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
- Cross departmental training.
- A.S. in technical/management or quality disciplines; or five years related quality experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Metal stamping industry experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AS/ISO requirements, with proven knowledge in AS9100 auditing.
- Working knowledge of APQP, Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plans and Root Cause analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and strong team leadership skills.
- Lean or Six Sigma certification or experience is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to computer monitor glare and key boarding. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.