POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Inspector
Job summary: Under minimal supervision this position performs routine testing of quality on in-process or finished goods according to company standards, customer specifications, and any applicable regulatory standards. Collects samples and performs assigned inspection tasks using various types of equipment. Ensures documentation is complete and accurate.
Essential Job Functions
- Tests and inspects products at various stages of production processes in compliance with applicable company standards, customer specifications, and any applicable regulatory standards.
- Determines test equipment settings according to the type of metal, thickness, and related variables using standard formulas.
- Performs tests on finished parts to ensure parts are conforming to company standards, customer specifications, and any applicable regulatory standards.
- Interprets and evaluates test results against designated standards, utilizing knowledge of metals and testing experience in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures.
- Identifies and marks defects on products. Conducts investigation into non-conforming and defective products. Places hold on non-conforming/defective parts.
- Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions.
- Inspects and calibrates test equipment. Documents and dates results.
- Accurately documents non-destructive testing (NDT) methods, processes or results.
- Reads blueprints and other work orders to perform job.
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
- Ensures work is done safely by adhering to established safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe work area including daily and regular cleaning of machinery in compliance with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Computer experience required.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches or other production orders.
- Maintain routine records.
- Knowledge of trade tools, equipment, materials, micrometer, as well as, methods and techniques used in safe inspection operations.
- Strong attention to quality and detail orientation.
- Mechanical capacity.
- Mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Time management skills to meet schedules and time standards, to best of ability as instructed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
Education and Experience:
- Required- High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred- Additional technical schooling in relevant field.
- Preferred- Minimum 2 years of quality assurance experience in a metal manufacturing/fabrication environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Company performs work under contracts which are within the jurisdiction of departments or agencies of the United States Government. Some of the work performed under these contracts affect the National Security of the United States and the requirements of these contracts are designed to ensure that the essential attributes of the work are carefully checked or inspected and that records accurately reflect the results of all work. Any falsification, concealment, or alteration of any material fact, or any false, fraudulent or fictitious statement or representation in connection with the work under any contract within the jurisdiction of the Government is not only prohibited by company policy but may be punishable under Federal Law.
- Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), our company is required to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Therefore, you will be required to complete a Form I-9 upon hire. Within three business days of beginning employment, you will need to supply acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) of your identity and work authorization.
- Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected from discrimination by applicable federal and state law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- stand, sit, and walk continuously.
- stoop, crouch, and reach.
- grasp, finger and feel.
- occasionally perform repetitive motions.
- push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.