To inspect and test a wide variety of purchased and manufactured parts to ensure compliance with pre-established specifications and quality standards.
- High school education or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of appropriate technical training including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and shop math through trigonometry.
- At least 2 years of related mechanical inspection and testing experience in a close tolerance manufacturing environment.
- Experience with close tolerances and precise measurements.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with small tool mechanical measurements, CMM measurements, surface plate measurements, optical comparator testing, sampling methods and statistical techniques. CMM programming experience preferred.
- Ability to work from blueprints, inspection specifications, and written/verbal instructions.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and make standard inspection set-ups.
- Intermediate PC skills including previous ERP software experience.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.