Strom Minnesota is currently looking for an experience Quality Inspector for our client in St. Paul, MN.
Inspection of first piece, in process, and final work pieces to ensure the conformity to customer drawings and specifications in an ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100 environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Ability to Proficiently use Metrology Lab Equipment: CMM, Vision Systems, Laser Measurements Systems, Height Gages, Hardness Tester, etc. to Ensure Conformance Customer Specifications. .
2) Blueprint Reading, Surface Plate Work and Hand Inspection Gage Experience Required.
3) Will act as a Backup to the Final Inspector and Floor Inspector as Needed or Required.
4) Reporting of all Nonconformance Findings to the Quality Management Representative.
5) Preferred Experience: CMM + Vision System Programing, Metal Stamping Experience, GD+T
6) Ensure that all ISO9001: 2015 and AS9100 procedures and relevant SOP’s are being followed.
7) Ability to Effectively Communicate, Team Player Attitude and Work Well with Others
8) All other Duties Assigned by Quality Manager.
Associates Degree from an accredited two year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be familiar with various quality equipment and knowledge of mathematics.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, Ability to speak effectively to managers and employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.