Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Project Architect with a great architectural & engineering firm located in the Twin Cities, MN. A minimum of 5 years of job-related experience is required. **Local applicants only as we are not offering relocation assistance at this time.**
* Develop, prepare and review drawings utilizing AutoCAD, Revit and other architectural drafting tools.
* Prepare code compliance evaluations. Participate in review with various governing agencies for code compliance in relation to zoning laws, fire regulations, building code and other ordinances.
* Participate in various pre-design services such as feasibility studies, site selection and cost analysis.
* Review and discuss project goals, objectives, design standards and procedures with project managers.
* Assist in the development and preparation of plans and written presentation the design and production of projects and assist in the presentation and explanation of proposals, reports and findings.
* Ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings.
* Coordinate information and work on a multi-disciplined team. Interact with contractors and clients throughout the development and contract document phases of the project.
* Work directly with clients in all phases of the design process.
* Provide strong technical detailing skills in a variety of construction materials and building types.
* Serve as a mentor for less experienced architects.
* Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture from accredited college or university.
* 5+ years of architectural experience.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of building codes, such as ADA and IBC.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Suite and Sketchup computer software packages.
* Self-directed with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Project Management experience.
* Demonstrated track record of successful past employment.
* Ability to multi-task and participate with a variety of team members working different projects at various levels and phases of completion.
* Strong planning and prioritization skills.
* High level of professionalism.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the USA.