Strom Minnesota has an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer/Programmer for our client in Hopkins, MN.
Job Title: Programming/Manufacturing Engineer
Reports to: President/Owner
Job Summary: Responsible for establishing and implementing optimum production methods to achieve quality, cost and speed objectives. Individual collaborates with engineering, leadership and production team members to achieve desired outcomes for manufacturability and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instructions.
- Defines tooling and fixtures used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with Production Supervisor to specify or procure new tooling and fixtures.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solutions to problems that adversely effect operator safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Identifies areas of waste. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell and material flow improvement.
- Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Reviews preliminary designs, makes recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
- Manage continuous improvement efforts, to include:
- Tool and fixture design
- Process development
- Job Packets
- Tool Crib management
- Quotation support
- Other duties as apparent or assigned
- 5-7 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Min. 2 years college or technical training.
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of process improvements and lean manufacturing principles.
- Thorough understanding of production work flow and scheduling.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.