Effectively and independently performs a wide variety of duties within the Finishing Department based on industry experience. This position takes direction from the Department Team Leader but also applies the skills to work independently on most processes.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Essential Functions of The Job
- Paint letters, numbers, signs, and other décor items with a hand-held pneumatic spray gun.
- Spray paint wood, metal, plastic, and foam décor components.
- Use proper paint and primer for each type of material.
- Check finished product for quality before it leaves paint area.
- Maintain a clean work area, clean/change filters as needed.
- Keep floor clear of debris.
- Ability to clean and maintain spray guns.
- Other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience using gravity fed sprayers.
- Have a general understanding of signage and graphics materials, substrates, and manufacturing processes preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible and overtime hours as needed.
- Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude.
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds of material on a regular basis.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- Wears safety glasses at all times while in shop and respirator as required for certain tasks.