Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Molding Technician to work for our client company located in Rush City, Minnesota.
2nd shift: 3:30 p.m. to 11:45 p.m.
3rd shift: 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. M-F
Pay: $ DOQ
The molding technician is responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process.
- Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process including, but not limited to maintain, modify and optimize the injection molding processes to minimize scrap, reduce downtime and optimize cycle time, including programming and setting up parameters of injection molding machines. Set-up and tear down.
- Respond to problems by performing corrective technical solutions and ability to troubleshoot plastic injection molding problems.
- Participate or lead in troubleshooting and problem-solving projects on any production related problem.
- Recommend modifications to existing methods or procedures.
- Working with Production and Quality personnel to ensure molded components meet requirements and adjusting as required.
- Generating documentation on molding processes that can be used to ensure reproducibility and control.
- Working with, Sales, Quality, and Manufacturing Departments during concept, prototyping, and release of new products.
- Following established procedures in order to maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
- Performing mold validations.
- Act as a mentor and technical resource for other team members and new members learning technical functions.
- Perform other miscellaneous support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by plant leadership. Assist in the duties of other team members, including helping to cover break times, etc.
-Self-motivated with the ability to work with little or no supervision Knowledge of safety practices.
– High school diploma.
– Advanced technical certificate or formal education preferred.
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in injection molding.
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a medical device manufacturing environment.
– Must have good organizational skills.
-Must be proactive and show initiative in taking on and completing injection molding projects.
-Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
-Ability to work flexible hours if needed