Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Miscellaneous Metals Detailer to work for our client company located in St. Paul, MN.
Main job duties include
- Create technical shop fabrication and field erection drawings based from architectural and structural drawings and specifications with no supervision.
- Visit job sites to obtain field dimensions and construction conditions.
- Problem solve with field erectors.
- Work with shop fabricators requiring drawing information assistance.
- Maintain an organized drawing and job file system keeping track of drawings for approval, approved, and in production.
- Communicate with the project contractor via phone and e-mail
- Education: Associate degree in design/drafting or related.
- Experience: Prefer 5+ years’ experience as Miscellaneous Metals Detailer in Architectural/Commercial construction.
- Strong background in detailing stairs, railing, light structural.
- Experience in detailing aluminum, stainless and carbon steel.
- Design experience.
- Proficient in the ability to create shop drawings in 2D with AutoCAD 14 or 15
- Use Adobe to convert DWG to PDF zip files for electronic transfer by e-mail
- Operate Windows 10 system
- Have sufficient computer knowledge to solve minor computer issues by yourself.
- Ability to handle multiple jobs and meet deadlines
- Work with others in a close office atmosphere
- Have strong work ethics
Pay is between: $25-32.00 hr.