Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Millwork CAD Designer to work for our client company located in Burnsville, Minnesota.
This position is a Direct Hire.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The position requires strong communication skills and the ability to multitask.
- Position requires drafting and project management skills.
- Responsible for generating shop drawings and working with pre-production/engineering to ensure buildability.
- Responsible for working with account managers to meet timelines and complete milestones.
- Responsible for working with clients to determine scope of work and design intent.
- Work from RC Smith Company office (this is not a work from home position)
- Must be fluent in AutoCAD (currently using 2019)
- Generating presentation drawings for clients and architects.
- Generating detailed drawings for production.
- Managing each project through production and installation.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 year degree in CAD drafting.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in AutoCAD. (We are currently using AutoCAD 2019)
- Experience with project management.
- Strong communication skills and a team attitude.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Microvellum useful.
- Experience with SketchUp is a bonus.
- Experience in millwork and commercial cabinet construction is beneficial.
- Health and Dental
- 401k with 50% Match
- Quarterly bonus program