Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter with a great company located in the Twin Cities area. A minimum of 3 years of job-related experience is required.
- Review and create models, assemblies and drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and construction/fabrication drawings.
- Apply engineering fundamentals to design; select and prepare preliminary layouts of mechanical systems such as industrial HVAC and plumbing for engineer’s approval.
- Factor in technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and coordinate multi-discipline drafting efforts for projects.
- Associate degree in Drafting Technology or related.
- 3+ years of experience in the design of HVAC and/or plumbing systems for commercial/industrial buildings.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit software.
- Ability to prepare and maintain engineering drawings and other documentation.
- Good problem solving skills (to resolve design problems).
- Field experience in performing verification of industrial mechanical systems is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills—self-starter able to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- PC Proficient: MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in USA