Strom Minnesota is currently looking for for a Mechanical Assembler for our client in Minneapolis, MN. 1st shift hours, 6:30am-4:pm M-TH & 6:30am-10:30am on Fridays.
Job summary: Under minimal supervision, assembles mechanical parts or units, and positions, aligns, and fastens units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools. Refers to blueprints and specifications to assemble, modify, rework, or reassemble parts/units. Installs helicoils, pem fasteners and rivets. Assembles parts/units to customer specifications and tolerances. Assignments are moderately complex.
Essential Job Functions
- Assembles and/or packages mechanical parts or units in a safe and responsible manner.
- Properly and safely using hand and power tools positions, aligns or fastens assemblies, subassemblies or frames.
- Reads blueprints and other work orders to perform job.
- Ensures quality control of parts produced.
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
- Ensures work is done safely by adhering to established safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe work area including daily and regular cleaning of machinery in compliance with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Required- High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred- Trade School.
- Preferred- Minimum 1 year of experience in a metal manufacturing environment with relevant duties.
- Strong attention to quality and detail orientation.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches other production orders.
- Maintain routine records.
- Knowledge of trade tools, equipment, materials, as well as, methods and techniques used in safe assembly operations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Mechanical capacity.
- Mathematical skills.
- Time management skills to meet schedules and time standards, to best of ability as instructed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- stand, sit, and walk continuously.
- stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach.
- grasp, finger and feel.
- occasionally perform repetitive motions.
- push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.