Master Scheduler will be responsible for creating and managing the production schedule. This individual will work closely with production managers, quality control personnel, and other departments to ensure that all manufacturing processes are completed on time and in accordance with established quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and coordinate the flow of work within or between departments of manufacturing plant to expedite production.
- Develop and maintain the production schedule.
- Collaborate with production managers to ensure all staffing and equipment needs are met.
- Work with quality control personnel to ensure all products meet established quality standards.
- Monitor inventory levels and adjust production schedules.
- Communicate with customers regarding production timelines and delivery schedules.
- Identify and resolve any production issues that may arise.
- Revise schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of workers, parts, material, machines, and equipment.
- Reschedule identical processes to eliminate duplicate machine setups.
- Confer with department supervisors to determine progress of work.
- Compiles reports concerning progress of work and downtime due to failures of machines and equipment to apprise account executives of production delays.
- Plan production operations to establish priorities and sequences for manufacturing parts.
- Distributes work orders to departments, denoting number, type, and proposed completion date of units to be produced.
- Must have a team first attitude and be willing to complete tasks by the Senior Manufacturing Controller and General Management Team (GMT).
- Work to the AS9100d and ISO13485 standards striving for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, or a related field with APICS certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in production scheduling, preferably in the metal stamping industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in scheduling software and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Job Boss ERP systems experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers, and employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; plus, stoop, crouch, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.