Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for several experienced Manual and CNC Machinist to work for our client company located in Hamel, Minnesota.
Starting wage $19-$22/hr
1st Shift – Manual Machinist – hours are 6:00 am to 2:30 am Monday-Friday
2nd Shift – CNC Machinist – hours are 2:25 pm to 10:55 pm Monday-Friday (Shift Premium $1/hr)
3rd Shift – CNC Machinist – hours are 7:45 pm to 6:15 am Monday night to Friday morning (Shift Premium $3.00/hr)
- Ability to set up CNC lathes and mills.
- Ability to set up Manual Lathes, Grinders and Mills for Manual Machining operations
- Ability to understand and interpret programs using Mastercam software.
- Assist with fabricating new components per Engineering drawings
- Ability to verify work using various measurement methods.
- Assist with modifying components per drawings or engineering’s instruction
- Work on jobs according to due date as provided using scheduling system
- Maintain shop cleanliness.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner
- Communicate with other shifts
- Work from verbal and or written instructions or sketches
- Report job progress using current scheduling system
- Ability to use a CAD system when needed to verify drawings.
- Mentoring of new Machinists
- Work over time as requested
- Work other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong math skills including trigonometry and geometry
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Good interaction skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- Basic understanding & knowledge of Machine Shop equipment, machining & measuring processes
- Two year Machine Tool diploma or degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
Experience with the following type of equipment would be a plus, but not a requirement of the position:
- Twin spindle twin turret, Y axis, live tooling, Fanuc control, Daewoo, TT1800 lathe
- Single spindle, Y axis, live tooling, Fanuc control, Daewoo, Puma 2000Y lathe
- Single spindle, Y axis, live tooling, Mazak Lathe
- Mazak Vertical Mill
- Mazak Horizontal Mill
- Haas Vertical Mill
- Bridgeport and Hardinge for Manual Machining operations
- Swiss Turning
- Cylindrical Grinding