Under direction, performs work involving repair and maintenance of company equipment and building, in accordance with all quality, preventative maintenance, and operational maintenance department procedures, to ensure the safe and efficient operation of physical plant and production equipment.
- Equipment Repair and Maintenance.
- Repairs electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems on all equipment, and building systems including heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems.
- Tours plant on a daily basis, in accordance with maintenance procedures, inspecting for safety, cleanliness, and security.
- Responds immediately to production break downs.
- Responds to special periods of overtime due to work load, emergencies, or down production equipment.
- Keeps Maintenance Manager informed of problems or repairs needing immediate attention.
- Reports all instances of poor operating practices to the Maintenance Manager and encourages operators to report problems which could result in a serious break down if not attended to right away.
- Assists in the installation of new equipment.
- Building Repair.
- Tours plant on daily, monthly, and yearly basis in accordance with maintenance procedures, inspecting all building systems.
- Prepares work reports, and records building checks.
- Performs variety of welding, painting, electrical, and carpentry duties as assigned or apparent.
- Preventative Maintenance.
- Follows preventative maintenance procedures on equipment and makes adjustments as necessary, to ensure equipment is safe and fully operational.
- Maintains and documents preventative maintenance schedules.
- Reviews, reads, understands and follows all preventative and quality procedures.
- Follows established safety practices; uses guarding, personal protective equipment, lock out devices, etc. and ensures others do so as well.