Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician with Plastic Injection Molding to work for our client company located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.
1st shift hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. M-F
Pay: $20.00 to $24.00 hr. DOQ.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing PMs on all injection molding machines and equipment.
- Changing oil and filters.
- Inspection of all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Maintain safety features on equipment.
- Maintain records on repairs and PMs to meet the requirements of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform any other plant PM or repairs to include:
- Auxiliary equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness standards at all times per Housekeeping Responsibilities.
- Assist manufacturing as required.
- Utilize safety equipment at all times, as appropriate for the work being performed
- Actively participates in the safety program.
- Completes special projects assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Preferred Skills/ Knowledge:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good oral and Written Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Mathematical skills
Summary-To perform daily checks on plastic injection molding machines and other production equipment to prevent malfunctions and reduce machine downtime. The PM Mechanic is responsible for the following; Daily communication with Supervisors and relative employees to Cleaning, greasing and oiling large plastic injection molding machines Replacing air, oil and water filters Basic repairs Inspecting, adjusting and/or replacing worn parts Recording work performed on machines Inventory of oils, greases, filters and supplies Safety checks on machines Responsible for safe operation and handling procedures in work area. Create and complete work orders in computer system Good attendance and attitude