Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to work for our client company located in Chaska, Minnesota.
Hours: 8-5 M-F
Pay rate: $40.00 – $48.00/hr
Provide technical expertise and leadership for overall plant and equipment mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems including PLC’s. Includes scheduling, planning, prioritizing work, purchasing, employee supervision, supervision of contractors, and training and development.
- Investigate/troubleshoot technical problems and help to establish procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Scheduling corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance work.
- Supervision of plant mechanical, electrical, and contract technicians and participation in hiring, training, and directing maintenance technicians.
- Provide technical support to maintain and upgrade plant equipment and systems.
- Assist in developing and managing the preventative and computerized maintenance management.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of environmental, health, and safety programs by employees and contractors working during the shift.
- Thorough understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, and PLC systems as they relate to heavy industrial equipment.
- Perform engineering duties that require exercise of judgment and the application of standard electrical and mechanical engineering principles and practices.
- Manage resources to assure key objectives such as safety and cost goals are met.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Other job duties as assigned by ownership.
- Must be safety conscious and believe that safety is a core value.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other regulatory agencies directives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with cross-function teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication and coaching skills.
- Experience evaluating and coaching employees to their full potential.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Fluent in English: Reading, writing, communicating
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of two years of experience in heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Metals industry experience a plus.
- Two years of experience in a management capacity with demonstrated leadership, training capabilities, and ability to work under minimum supervision.